The famous and fearless spokesman of The Morgantown Poets, Scott Emerson has decreed there's still time to enter their poetry contest.$150 in prize money awaits. Check it out!!!
As part of its annual fundraising campaign, Monongalia Arts Center and Morgantown Poets are having their first-ever poetry contest. For a $5 entrance fee per poem, area poets will have a chance to win prize money as well as receive an invitation to read their work at our fundraiser event on Saturday, June 18.
Poets of all ages and levels of experience are encouraged to submit their work.
The prize amounts are: 1st Place: $75
2nd Place: $50
There will also be 3 honorable mentions.
Additional details and contest rules are below. If you have any questions stop by the Morgantown Poets page on Facebook or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monongalia Arts Center and Morgantown Poets are committed to supporting area writers with free literary events for the public. We sincerely hope you’ll help us continue to make this possible.
Stay tuned for details on our upcoming fundraiser event--we’re planning something special!
1. Submit poems by mail to:
PO Box 244
Nemacolin PA 15351
Be sure to include your name, mailing address, and email address.
2. As the contest is part of Morgantown Poets’ annual fundraiser, a $5 entrance fee must accompany each submission. Cash, checks, and money orders (payable to Scott Emerson) are accepted. You may submit as many poems as you wish, however a $5 entrance fee must accompany each poem.
3. Poems may be any style or length. Morgantown Poets does not believe in placing restrictions on subject matter, but we reserve the right to disqualify any entry that is, or appears to be, hateful, libelous, or otherwise harmful.
4. Winners will be invited to read their poem at the Morgantown Poets fundraiser event at the Monongalia Arts Center (MAC) on Sat, June 18. Reading at the event is NOT a condition of receiving prize money, but we do encourage authors to share their work.
5. Poems may be submitted from April 25 to June 4, 2011. Any entries received after the deadline, or do not have a corresponding entrance fee, will be disqualified.
6. Winners will be announced by email no later than June 11, 2011.